Lemonade in the USA and Canada is a uncarbonated drink, basically made from squeezed lemon juice, water and sugar. It could have artificial sweetener instead of sugar. Then there is alcholic lemonade which also popular is sweetened artificially. There are a lot of variants in lemonade of the fruit nature. These usually consist of raspberries, grapefruit, grapes, red cherry, cranberries, strawberris and grenadine ( Wikipedia – describes grenadine -The Mott’s brand “Rose’s”, by far the most common grenadine brand in the United States,
There are health benefits to Lemons
Lemons have natural healing power. Here is a website that offers 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons. Some of which are abolishing acne, cankor sore relief, curing corns and callus (something my runners feet could use help with), fight fatigue, healing hypertension, pulverize pain, varicose veins and more. Take a look at that article above.
Anyway adding sugar to your lemon mixture may take away some of the benefits of lemons or at least reduce the benefits of them. Here are – How to Make 64 Ounces of Lemonade With Lemons & Stevia.
A single teaspoon of powdered stevia is roughly equivalent in taste to 1 cup of sugar.
– And, here is an article about Stevia and the FDA, Stevia History and Government Control It is interesting to note that we have proven sugar to have cancer causing propterties but not Stevia. The FDA has dragged its heels in on this one. Stevia is afe and has hbe used for a long time.
– Here is a recipe for Lemonade with Stevia
3) Best Lemonade Ever – made with Lavendar! Recipe
4) Here is a video with someting different! Great Lemonade for Kids! Sugar Free!
5) Here is a company that makes a device with a floor pedal for squishing lemons fast. This was a great find – especially if you are planning on selling lemonade somewhere or some day. All lemonade consists of lemons after all!. LemonadeBusiness.com