Made Fall Veggie Stew, 1st Prize in the State Fair N.C.
Peanut Growers Association Pea-nutty Vegetarian Main Dish Recipe Contest
This Sounds Good!!
* 2 large onions, chopped
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* ½ teaspoon garlic salt or powder
* 1 ½ cups chopped cabbage
* ½ cup peanut butter
* 1, 40 ounce can of sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
* 1 can (14.5 ounce) okra, optional
* 1 can (15 ounce) black beans drained
* 1 cup apple juice
* 3 cups tomato juice
Saute onions in vegetable oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in cayenne pepper and garlic and sauté for two more minutes. Add chopped cabbage, sauté, covered, for three minutes. Mix in tomato and apple juices, salt, ginger and tomatoes. Add sweet potatoes, okra and black beans. Simmer for five minutes. Stir in peanut butter and simmer gently over very low heat until ready to serve. Stir frequently to prevent scorching. Add more juice or water if too thick. Serve with crackers. Serves 10-12 people.
Blogged with the Flock Browser